Monday, February 22, 2010

Absolute Justice!


Smallville had a t.v. movie that premiered this month: Absolute Justice. It was an amazing movie! Apparently, the JSA were founded in Metropolis in... I don't remember the year but I pictured it in the 50s. They were rounded up and hunted down by the government, pretty much framed. The only remaining members at the start of the movie was, Hawkman, Dr. Fate, Starspangled Kid, Stargirl, Sandman, and... well I guess that's all that played a role but there were cameos in flashbacks such as the Green Lantern, Flash, and Catman (I think that's his name but I can't recall), and also a reference to a new group: Checkmate and the coming "Apocalypse"
Anyways, someone is killing off the old heroes so they have to team up to put a stop to it! Turns out though, the killer was Icicle... which was a bit of a let down to be honest... seems like there should have been a villain team up... like the Injustice League or something. He didn't seem a match for both the JSA and the JLA.
It was great to see super heroes playing the role of super heroes!
That's not to say that it wasn't without flaws. I don't understand how they can have a museum for the entire JSA (which was a public group if I'm not mistaken), yet no one in the JLA or Chloe had ever heard of the museum or the heroes. Hawkman's flight was also a bit choppy. I thought his wings should flap a bit... but I'll let it go because they did show a glimpse of the real Martian Manhunter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment